4.17.2008

First Day of Service Learning =/.

As of last year, I despise Service Learning so I wasn't too suprised when I hated it this year. Last week was our first meeting. A worthless meeting! I wasted my class time to sit in a tight, hot room with a bunch of never-raising-their-hand teenagers who fight to get their word across. We didn't come to any agreement and many of us don't even know what the purpose of our group is. One person is wishing for a lounge, one wants to steal the roles of student goverment, one wants to do video games and the other twelve sit in a corner. My group is in the dark as to what to do. We have no idea where it's going and I really don't see the point to be in this group.

After my last period, I'm going to the second meeting. Hopefully it goes better then before, but I doubt it will. I think I wanna switch groups. I don't wanna waste my time doing nothing in a hot room. I want to get out and 'get my hands dirty'. Not really get my hands dirty, but I wanna enact with the social life of Philadelphia.

No comments: