Success. Finished. Completed. Creative - All words that come to mind when I look at my National History Day exhibit board on the Desegregation of Girard College. It took a large amount of time and consideration for my group and I to complete our finished project. Through blood and sweat, literally, the experience and arguments were worth the fight. Not only did I end with glue all over my pants and scissor scars on my legs but I also ended with a new perspective on how I viewed National History Day. Last year, I worked alone so I was rapped up in a room by myself typing away. This year, I felt more dedicated to do my project because I had other group members. I was able to connect more with 3 other people and get the job done. Yes, we argued. Yes, we were annoying but we wound up being the first group done. After being judged, I realize that we should have added Stephen Girard's will to the exhibit. We actually were going to put it on and had it printed out but it was messed up in the process.
In the future, I plan to work the same way I did this year. I was on task, well researched and even behaved properly! I also would like to continue on an exhibit and have the same group members. I think this year was such a great experience, there weren't many flaws and made me look at National History Day a different way.
2.25.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment